12 days ago
The Trust was formed in September 2015 in response to an invitation from the Department for Education. It currently has 11 schools, eight primary and three secondary schools.
Cumbria Education Trust is committed to improving life chances for Cumbria children. The trust works with the executive to bring about sustained school improvement. The trust have grouped their schools into three hubs and each Trustee will be a link Director getting to know their school and be known by the school community.
The trust seeks individuals with board-level experience in:
- Finance/Financial Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Raising standards, opportunities and aspirations across the Trust.
- Delivering consistent, effective, coherent and pro-active support services across the Trust.
- Refine and develop our future growth strategy.
- Developing effective governance at all levels across the Trust.
Board meetings are held in Carlisle and through Teams.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please apply now to be considered for the role.
When you select Apply now you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.