Non-Executive Director/ Associate Non-Executive Director
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director/ Associate Non-Executive Director|
|Salary:||5000 - 7000|
|Contact Name:||Jemma Harris|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 16:27|
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and three Associate Non-executive Directors at The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidates for the Associate roles will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
The person specification
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
• Recent, relevant finance experience with a financial qualification
• Commercial experience gained within a large complex organisation, with a background in marketing/communications
• Strong track record in partnership working across a range of stakeholders
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
• work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• shape actively support the ongoing work in the Trust in relation to values and behaviours, ensuring constant improvement in the culture of the organisation
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Modelopens in a new window.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the area served by the Trust.
Further information and deatails of the application process can be found at the following URL: https://improvement.nhs.uk/news-alerts/non-executive-director-mid-yorkshire-hospitals-nhs-trust4/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's