Non-executive director-Orchard Community Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director-Orchard Community Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Orchard Community Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 11:47|
Orchard Community Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Stoke-on-Trent? Orchard Community Trust seeks a non-executive director/trustee to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The seven-school Orchard Community Trust, which serves areas of significant deprivation in Stoke-on-Trent, comprises five primary schools and two all-age schools catering to pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). The trust seeks to recruit one trustee/ non-executive director with prior experience either in schools finance or senior experience in public sector finance, ideally with knowledge of working in diverse communities. Board meetings are held at Watermill School, Turnhurst Road, Stoke-on-Trent.
The board seeks one business leader with expertise in
- finance and/or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Full conversion to academy status - completing the conversion of the final two of the trust’s seven schools to academy status and resolving, with the Local Authority, the funding of the one associate member schools to enable its conversion;
- Safeguarding - safeguarding of pupils in the context of a Local Authority in Special Measures, through ensuring high standards of safeguarding within the schools of the trust, and working with other agencies to challenge poor practice and lack of provision at Local Authority level;
- Educational standards - maintaining and improving standards of teaching and learning within tight budgetary constraints;
- Covid-19 - dealing with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and its legacy.
Over the longer term, the trust aspires to identify suitable additional member schools to ensure the long-term viability and sustainability of the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please visit www.academyambassadors.org for more information on the role - a full trust specification is available at www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/orchard-community-trust
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at The Midland Academies Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Brigantia Learning Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Kite Academy Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Forward Education Trust (FET)
Burton upon Trent
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Education Learning Trust
0 - 0