Non-executive Director - Learn Academies Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive Director - Learn Academies Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Learn Academies Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 13:29|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Leicestershire? Learn Academies Trust (Learn A-T) seeks two non-executive directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Learn-AT was formed from a group of seven primary schools based in and around Market Harborough. The trust now comprises 10 schools which are a combination of Church of England and community primary schools. The trust hosts a teaching school alliance which links the team to other schools outside the trust and the teaching school provides training and development for professionals within the region.
The trust has aspirations to grow in order to maintain long-term viability and the trustees will form a central part of this strategy.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in
- Qualified Accountant or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ensuring operational efficiency and consistency to maximise the impact of resources across the trust.
- Managing expectations of growth both internally and through attracting other schools into the trust, so that the trust is sustainable over the long term.
- Ensuring that all schools continue on a trajectory of improvement through implementing and embedding a robust school improvement strategy.
Over the longer term, the trust seeks continued growth for the next 2-5 years – with the possibility of a bid for new school. It also aims to build a strong reputation for professional learning and talent management.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and your home or work postcode to us, either through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of this role and other roles in the area, area available at www.academyambassadors.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at Dales Academies Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Bath & Wells Diocesan Academies Trust (BWMAT)
0 - 0
Non-executive director/ Trustee role Suffolk Academies Trust (SAT)
Bury St Edmunds
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Danes Educational Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Pinnacle Learning Trust
0 - 0