Non-executive Director -Forward Education Trust (FET)
|Job Title:||Non-executive Director -Forward Education Trust (FET)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Non-executive Director -Forward Education Trust (FET)|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 15:05|
Forward Education Trust (FET)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Birmingham? Forward Education Trust seeks two non-executive directors/trustees to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Forward Education Trust currently comprises three special schools in Birmingham and surrounding areas. As a special provision, the trust board is exploring opportunities for growth within the trust’s very specialist area of education. To achieve its aims, FET seeks two trustees - one with demonstrable skills in financial oversight and experience of growing a small- or medium-sized non-profit organisation and a second possessing experience in estates, preferably with a prior knowledge of Free Schools and/or education systems, in order to achieve the trust vision. Meetings are usually at either the Brays Tile Cross or Hallmoor schools, both in the Birmingham area.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- CFO/ Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Non-executive/ Trustee
- Estates/ Property Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To secure business functions through successful recruitment of key personnel to the trust;
- To secure the appointment and development of a strong senior team with clear succession planning for trust leadership and for the Board;
- To secure successful expansion/integration of other schools into the trust;
- To ensure financial stability to provide a solid long-term foundation for anticipated growth and expansion.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please visit www.academyambassadors.org for more information on the role - a full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/forward-education-trust-fet
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director/Trustee at Khalsa Academies Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at Tapton School Academy Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at The White Hills Park Trust
0 - 0
0 - 0 Unpaid