Non-executive director-Enable Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive director-Enable Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Non-executive director-Enable Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 12:24|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in South Gloucestershire? Enable Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Enable Trust was established by two highly successful special schools in 2018 and is already set to grow having bid successfully to sponsor the opening of another academy due to open September 2022. In conjunction with cross-sector partners, the trust aspires to share specialist expertise to shape national policy and improve the quality of special educational needs provision regionally.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in;
- CFO/Finance/Qualified Accountant or
- Legal or
- Risk or
- Audit or
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Embedding growth strategy as the trust moves further into pre-opening of new free school
- Following external governance review re-shaping governance and preparing for growth with new free school and potential second special free school
- Aligning of new administrative structure to operate as a central team
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now. Closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's