Non-executive director - Chancery Education Trust (CET)
|Job Title:||Non-executive director - Chancery Education Trust (CET)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Chancery Education Trust (CET)|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 10:24|
Chancery Education Trust (CET)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Kent? Chancery Education Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board to assist with growth plans who share the values of aspiration, challenge and empowerment.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Chancery Education Trust, based in the Kent, has 3 schools spanning over Nursery and Primary education years, two schools are Ofsted rated outstanding and one has moved from special measures to good since joining the trust. The trust has 1,100 pupils on roll, 81 staff members and a budget of approximately £8 million.
The schools cater for a total of 98 pupils from less affluent backgrounds who are eligible to receive additional pupil premium grant funding, 172 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and 197 pupils who have English as an additional language. The schools regularly outperform national averages in statutory testing.
The board seeks (x number) business leaders with expertise in
- CEO/general management or
- human resources - growth/change management or
- risk or
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To sponsor new schools through taking existing schools into the trust
- To apply to set up two new free schools
- To raise the trust's profile and extend reach to new geographical areas of opportunities working collaboratively with other MATs.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
0 - 0
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at Nene Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Danes Educational Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Pinnacle Learning Trust
0 - 0