Non-Executive Director at Wolds Learning Partnership
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Wolds Learning Partnership|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2020 15:10|
Wolds Learning Partnership
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in the East Riding of Yorkshire? Wolds Learning Partnership seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board, as the trust enters a period of growth.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Wolds Learning Partnership (WLP) was founded in January 2017 when three schools (Woldgate School & Sixth Form, Pocklington Junior and Stamford Bridge Primary) formed under the WLP brand but with a clear intention to serve their respective communities and grow stronger through mutual support and challenge. Melbourne Community primary joined the following year.
Across its four schools the trust provides for around 1,800 pupils, it has around 280 staff and a budget of just less than £10 million. Clearly, as the trust grows, these figures will increase accordingly.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
· finance or audit (this individual will be invited to join the Finance and Audit Committee), or
· growth/change management
· corporate/charity governance
· CEO/General Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To strategically grow the trust from 4 to 8 schools within the next five years.
- To induct the new Primary School (which is not yet solidly Good) into the trust.
- Sustain and further improve the schools within the trust and ensure partner schools continue to accelerate their improvement.
- To review and adopt new Articles of Association to reflect the trust’s ambition to grow.
The Board currently meets six times per year (once each half-term) and meetings tend to be on Thursday evening starting at 6pm. Trustees involved in the finance and audit subcommittee will also be required to attend six subcommittee meetings (one per half term, normally arranged ahead of the full board meeting). Time commitment is around 6-8 hours per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/wolds-learning-partnership.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non Executive Director/Trustee at Newbury Academy Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Cumbria Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Mercian Educational Trust
0 - 0