Non-Executive Director at Transform Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Transform Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2020 15:33|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Nottingham? Transform Trust seeks a new non-executive director with finance experience to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Transform Trust is a Diocesan multi-academy trust based in the inner cities of Nottingham and Derby. The trust was founded in 2013 and is dedicated to working with primary schools across the region; it comprises 18 primary schools, mostly in inner-City contexts. Three of the schools are within the Anglican Diocese of Nottingham and Southwell and the trust has recently added a Muslim primary school in Derby; together with a range of community schools, the trust serves families across the social spectrum.
Within the trust, there are over 6000 students and 900 staff. On average, just over one-third of the pupils are from disadvantaged communities and thus their academies are allocated extra government funding through the pupil premium grant. Some academies have around two-thirds of the pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and many speak English as an additional language.
There is no firm target to expand the trust, but the board faces requests from the Regional Schools Commissioner, or individual schools themselves, to join and seek the benefits of the collaborative and supportive structures and ways of working. Consequently, the board continues to review its approaches to growing further.
The board seeks a business leader with expertise in
· finance and/or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Leadership - senior leadership (including governance) development and impact, so that all children attend a good or better school.
- Teaching – an emphasis on the quality of teaching, so that all children receive good or better teaching and their lives are enriched through access of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Equality - strategic and operational provision for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEN).
The trust board meets six times each year (once each half term) and the Finance and Audit sub-committee meets three times a year (autumn, spring and summer). Meetings generally start at 6pm and run for a maximum of two hours (and frequently less).
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's