28 days ago
Non-Executive Director - The Mast Academy Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in West Yorkshire? The Mast Academy Trust seeks up to four non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The trust was established in December 2016 to build upon strong, existing partnerships around the pupils and families in the area. It comprises four academies that serve the needs of around 1400 children. The schools within the trust have now established strong relationships and are working effectively together to build skills and capacity across the trust.
It is an exciting time to be part of this trust. The trust’s primary objectives over the coming 12 months are to drive up standards in two of its schools and to embed a new executive team and governance model.
The trust is hoping the new trustees will help the board to strategically challenge and support the executive team to consolidate improvements and get the trust ready for further expansion.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in
- HR/health and wellbeing or
- Inclusion and Diversity or
- Legal/Compliance or
- CFO/ Finance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To ensure the ongoing excellent educational outcomes of all the schools
- To manage a change to the governance structure that will strengthen, improve efficiencies and deliver exceptional outcomes for the entire community of pupils and staff.
- To continue the development of collaboration and communication enabling the trust to achieve it’s vision.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.