Non-Executive Director at The Kite Academy Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at The Kite Academy Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2020 16:24|
The Kite Academy Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in North West Surrey? The Kite Academy Trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held in the evening.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Kite Academy Trust, based in North West Surrey, is an outward facing, family orientated primary school trust focused on children and their development, and its reputation for staff CPD delivers high impact teaching and learning. The board seeks to recruit three non-executive directors with expertise in Finance, School Improvement (primary) and Estates Management at an exciting time.
The Kite Academy Trust comprises of seven primaries and two infants, along with three nursery provisions, in the Frimley, Mytchett, Ash Vale, Normandy, Farnborough and Farnham areas. The specialist Communications and Interactions (COIN) Centre, at The Grove Primary Academy, has specialist provision for children with specific communication needs. In total the trust has nine schools with over 2000 pupils and 400 staff and a budget of £12million. All schools are rated good or outstanding by Ofsted.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in
- CFO/ Finance Director with accountancy qualifications or
· Executive level Primary Education or
- Property/Estates Management or
- Growth Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To integrate new schools into the community without adversely impacting existing academies and trust’s finances.
- To ensure effective communication both to and from the local academy councils (LACs).
- To successfully implement the changes as defined in the finance strategy (i.e. moving to GAG-pooling and centralising allocation of reserves).
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Interaction and Communication Trust
INDEPENDENT EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
0 - 0
Volunteer Chartered Accountant to certify charity accounts
0 - 0
Board Member (Finance & Fundraising)
0 - 0