Non-Executive Director at The Gryphon Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at The Gryphon Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2020 15:18|
The Gryphon Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in New Milton, Hampshire? The Gryphon Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are currently held remotely but will be held at The Arnewood School when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Gryphon Trust was established as a multi-academy trust (MAT) in 2011 and currently consists of two Ofsted rated ‘good’ schools. The Arnewood School provides mainstream secondary education to over 1100 pupils, aged 11-19. The Eaglewood School is a new free school taking a maximum of 72 pupils, aged 7-16, from across Hampshire and Dorset, and offers alternative provision for those trying to overcome emotional and medical barriers to learning before re-entering a mainstream school environment. The Gryphon Trust is a small trust with ambitions to expand and collaborate with other schools in the local area to enable efficiencies and the sharing of best practice in teaching and learning thereby enhancing the outcomes of students.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
· CEO/Managing Director or
· CFO/Finance Director with accountancy qualification or
· Corporate Governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To raise standards in the secondary phase to ensure strong progress and GCSE results.
- To improve attendance and outcomes for disadvantaged pupils at Arnewood and support Eaglewood through to its full capacity whilst maintaining its unique learning environment.
- To ensure that finances are sustainable and the reserves position of the trust supports possible future trust growth.
- To enhance both the capacity and the skill sets on the trust board.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at www.academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's