Non-Executive Director at Tennyson Learning Community
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Tennyson Learning Community|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 18:05|
Tennyson Learning Community
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Luton?
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Tennyson Learning Community is a new primary academy trust based in Luton that is currently in an exciting phase of growth. The trust believes very strongly in the need to form a close partnership between parents, staff, and pupils to ensure children are happy, challenged and able to make an individual contribution to the success of our schools The trust seeks two non-executive directors with experience in legal and compliance or finance to further strengthen an experienced team. The trust also seeks two members with either a finance or legal background. Board meetings are held in Luton.
The board seeks 4 business leaders with expertise in
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Financial management – budget constraints need to be well managed and overcome as the central team supports new schools.
- Educational attainment – as the trust grows, it is important to maintain the ‘Outstanding’ key stage 2 results across its schools.
- Site management – the de-amalgamation of the existing split site school requires a business case to be submitted to the Regional Schools Commissioner.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director/Trustee at NAS Academies Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at East Anglian Schools Trust
Non Executive Director/Trustee at Newbury Academy Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Cumbria Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust
0 - 0