Non-Executive Director at Suffolk Academies Trust (SAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Suffolk Academies Trust (SAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Suffolk Academies Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2020 13:16|
Suffolk Academies Trust (SAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Suffolk Academies Trust seeks two non-executive directors to join an experienced trust board overseeing two highly successful Sixth Form Colleges in Suffolk. The Trust’s core purpose is to prepare young people for today’s modern and ever-changing world. It provides the very best education, enrichment and connections with business to develop its students into confident and successful individuals with unlimited aspirations Candidates should have senior experience of strategic leadership (CEO), finance or change management. Board meetings are held virtually and at its’ locations in Suffolk.
The board seeks senior business leaders with expertise in
- CEO/Chair/Strategic leadership
- Corporate Governance
- Change Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Enabling social change – The Trust wishes to be catalysts of social change. To achieve this, they need to create environments where the Trust’s ethos and values are embedded and championed at every level.
- Growth - The Trust has high expectations for the future of our brand-new establishment, Abbeygate Sixth Form College. Trustees will play a vital role in helping to build on the Abbeygate’s strong foundations so that every opportunity is grasped as the vision for the College becomes a reality.
- Utilising economies of scale – With so many talented staff working across the Trust and Sponsor organisation, West Suffolk College, the Trust believes that more can be achieved by bringing together the support functions that help its Colleges to thrive. Economy of scales can be unlocked, best practice shared and efficiencies realised.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's