5 days ago
Healing Multi Academy Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Lincolnshire? Healing Multi Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Healing Multi-Academy Trust has grown from two academies to nine – across primary and secondary – over the past five years. The schools are located in and around the outskirts of Grimsby, in North East Lincolnshire and in Lincoln. The trust is supporting the leadership teams in the new academies, including governance and improvements can already be seen.
The trust also includes a school-centred initial teacher training (SCITT) provision and a teaching school. Humber Teaching School provides a range of training courses for trainee teachers as well as experienced staff, including leadership development programmes. The Teaching School has a strong reputation for high quality training and broader school improvement across the whole of the region.
Across its nine academies, the trust provides for around 4,400 pupils. It employs over 700 staff and has a budget of £25m.
The board seeks (x number) business leaders with expertise in
· legal/compliance or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Review the vision, values and ethos of the trust: the current vision and values were set as a trust of two schools. A review is needed to ensure they remain fit for purpose.
- Sustainable MAT Funding Model: as a trust of nine schools, HMAT needs to ensure it can continue to provide effective and efficient central services and school improvement.
- Recruit new CEO: the current CEO has tendered his resignation with effect from 31st December 2020. Appointing a new CEO is a priority for the trust board.
The trust holds five full Board meetings a year which tend to last up to two-and-a-half hours. In addition, the Finance & Audit subcommittee meet five times per year and meetings begin at 5pm and last about 90 minutes. A new Pay & Remuneration subcommittee is being planned and trustees are devising its term of reference. Trustees are invited to join subcommittees.
The trust and all its trustees and governors are members of the National Governance Association and their training programme will be open to all. It is expected that trustees will need to devote 6-8 hours per month to trust business.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.