Non-Executive Director at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2020 18:01|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Birmingham? Education Impact Academy Trust seeks 2 non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Currently a two-school academy trust based in Birmingham, EIAT is looking to grow, including the conversion of a third school to academy status and joining the trust and further growth more widely thereafter. A major capital building project at one of the trust’s school sites is also planned over the coming period. Up to two candidates possessing a mix of skills, including branding, legal, accountancy, audit and change management, are required. Not all candidates need to possess all of these skills: the trust is interested in speaking to senior leaders with demonstrable experience and expertise. Trust board meetings are held in Birmingham.
The board seeks 2 business leaders with expertise in
· marketing and communications or
· legal/compliance or
· audit or
· change management/restructuring
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Academy conversion – the conversion of a third school to academy status, and it subsequent joining the academy trust is a key objective. The Trust is working proactively with key partners to ensure conversion;
- Estates – a major capital building programme at Queensbury School which has involved some temporary accommodation but will give the school new build spaces and resources
- Growth – the continued expansion of the trust beyond its current level to ensure economies of scale and value for all schools within it. The growth will be strategic and over time to allow current plans to embed.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Independent Board Director | Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
0 - 0
Chair of the Board of Governors | The Northern College for Residential Adult Education
Chair of Council | Bishop Grosseteste University
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses
0 - 0