Non-Executive Director at Educate Together Academy Trust (ETAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Educate Together Academy Trust (ETAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2020 14:45|
Educate Together Academy Trust (ETAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bristol? Educate Together Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Educate Together Academy Trust based in Bristol and surrounding area is an ambitious and innovative multi-academy trust with four open primary schools and one primary school in development. ETAT has a strong ethos around ethical education, providing learning on moral and spiritual development, justice, equality, ethics and the environment alongside the National Curriculum.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in finance preferably as a CFO or Qualified Accountant.
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 2-3 years:
- Growth: The trust plans to bid for additional free schools and to attract more schools from the local authorities
- Governance: Establishing and embedding fit-for-purpose governance and processes
- Financial sustainability: Managing the risks associated with growth whilst developing leadership capacity to drive continuous school improvement.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest to be considered for the role. A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's