Non-Executive Director at Diocese of Chichester Academies Trust - (DCAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Diocese of Chichester Academies Trust - (DCAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 14:23|
Diocese of Chichester Academies Trust - (DCAT)
Non-executive director/Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Chichester? The Diocese of Chichester Academies Trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
DCAT is the second highest performing diocesan trust in England serving a higher than average number of disadvantaged pupils who outperform their peers. The trust comprises nine academies, each maintaining its own unique character and identity, serving its own distinct community with higher than national average of vulnerable children represented. Schools within the trust cover nursery, primary and secondary. Board meetings are held in the Hove BN3 4ED. This is a Christian trust however applicants of all faiths and of none are welcomed.
As a growing organisation, the trust board seeks to recruit a professional with a financial background and relevant qualifications.
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Increase executive leadership capacity in a phased, sustainable way to take on new schools and
- Drive continuous improvement for new as well as existing academies so that standards and outcomes enable all pupils to achieve their potential, and for this to be reflected in the judgements of future Ofsted inspections.
- Embed systems and processes ready for the next round of growth and deliver on the trust’s longer-term ambitions and growth plan
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please visit www.academyambassadors.org for a full trust specification.
Please apply now as closing date may change if sufficient applications have been received.
A full trust specification is available here:
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at St Chad's Academies Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at South Pennine Academies
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Pinnacle Learning Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Acorn Multi-Academy Trust (AMAT)
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Healing Multi Academy Trust
0 - 0