Non-executive director at Castle School Education Trust (CSET)
|Job Title:||Non-executive director at Castle School Education Trust (CSET)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 15:56|
Castle School Education Trust (CSET)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in South Gloucestershire? Castle School Education Trust (CSET) seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at 5pm across the schools in South Gloucestershire.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Castle School Education Trust (CSET) in South Gloucestershire currently oversees four large secondary schools and three primary schools employing 600 staff and with a budget of £26 million and 5,000 pupils. The board is establishing a trust leadership team to continue to lead improvement and provide capacity for future growth. CSET seeks two non-executive directors with expertise in finance and education leadership to help shape the forward vision that takes the trust to the next level.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- CFO / Director of Finance or
- Education Leadership (executive level within a large academy trust &/or across multiple schools i.e. NLE)
- Property/Estates Management or
· Human Resources Director or
· Charity/Corporate Governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Work collaboratively to strengthen all the schools within the trust, foster outstanding professional development for all staff and provide quality education for students
- Support organisational development and growth, actively pursuing additional schools
- Modernisation of the trust’s facilities with the recent £14miilon capital funding secured
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Independent Board Director | Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses paid
0 - 0
Chair of the Board of Governors | The Northern College for Residential Adult Education
0 - 0