Non-Executive Director at Canary Wharf College
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Canary Wharf College|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Canary Wharf College|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 14:20|
Canary Wharf College
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador at Canary Wharf College? Are you already, or have you considered becoming a non-executive director/trustee?
The Academy Ambassadors programme, funded by the Department for Education, brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Canary Wharf College seeks two to four non-executive directors with experience in mergers and acquisitions, risk management and safeguarding to support its future plans. The trust has a commitment “to live, share and celebrate the love of learning in a Christian environment whilst welcoming children from different faiths and cultures”. Board meetings are held at Crossharbour, near Canary Wharf in London. Applicants of all faiths or none are welcomed.
The board seeks up to four business leaders with expertise in:
- Risk Management OR
- Mergers and Acquisitions OR
- Growth Management
The key challenges for the board are:
- Supporting organic growth of the trust, considering opportunities to expand pupil numbers
- Developing relationships with local schools that may wish to join the trust and manage sustained growth, increasing capacity in the trust whilst maintaining its ethos and viability
- Maintaining viability of the trust within budget constraints
- To secure a permanent site for the secondary school which is currently in interim accommodation
- Grow the trust by the acquisition of like-minded schools to provide outstanding education for all its students
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
How to apply?
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/canary-wharf-college-cwc
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non Executive Director/Trustee at Newbury Academy Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Cumbria Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Orbis Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Inspire Education Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Mercian Educational Trust
0 - 0