Non-Executive Director at Brigantia Learning Trust
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Brigantia Learning Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 17:48|
Brigantia Learning Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Sheffield? Brigantia Learning trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The trust has five academies: all of which are in the north of the city of Sheffield and serve a mixed catchment with many children coming from some of the most deprived areas of the city.
In 2017 the trust was asked to take on Yewlands Academy. Since joining the trust, Yewlands has made significant progress and improvement and has been the most improved secondary school in Sheffield over the past two years.
Brigantia Learning Trust provides for around 3,780 pupils. It employs over 450 staff and has a budget of almost £20m.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
· CEO/senior general management
· Safeguarding/health and safety
· HR, or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Providing outstanding executive leadership and academy leadership, within a structure that meets the current and medium term needs of the families and their communities.
2. Through financial probity, minimizing risk and ensuring value for money, to ensure the trust remains a successful and sustainable multi-academy trust.
3. Help to improve the quality of education in the trust’s academies.
In addition to the above medium term challenges, the trust continues to plan and focus on how it manages the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and resultant central government guidance , on pupils students, staff, parents/carers and the local community.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director at The Ryedale Learning Trust
Member at The Ryedale Learning Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at Mercian Educational Trust
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Wellspring Academy Trust
Trustee at Alvechurch CofE Multi Academy Trust