Non-Executive Director at Acorn Multi-Academy Trust (AMAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at Acorn Multi-Academy Trust (AMAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2020 13:57|
Acorn Multi-Academy Trust (AMAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Devon? Acorn Multi-Academy Trust seeks three non-executives/directors with branding/marketing, legal/compliance and primary educational leadership experience to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
This is an exciting time to join Acorn Multi-Academy Trust as it continues on its path of sustainable growth and development. Becoming a trustee with AMAT will be quite hands on initially, giving you an opportunity to make a considerable impact to the 634 children attending the schools within the trust. Your strategic input to the board resulting in efficient, centralised services will empower the educators by removing those activities so they are then able to have maximum time in the classroom providing high quality primary education. Board meetings are currently held virtually at 9:30am six times per year.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in
· Branding/Marketing/Communications or
· Legal/Compliance or
· Educational leadership or
· Non-Executive Director/Trustee experience
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growing the trust sensibly with a focus on forging relationships with other schools
- Financial sustainability: the trust board is proactive and looking to centralise services
- Quality of education: led by a National Leader of Education aiming for all academies at least an Ofsted rating of Good
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at www.academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-executive director at The Ryedale Learning Trust
Non-executive director/Trustee at Mercian Educational Trust
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Wellspring Academy Trust
Member at The Ryedale Learning Trust
Trustee at Alvechurch CofE Multi Academy Trust