Non-Executive Director at ACE Schools Multi Academy Trust (ACE MAT)
|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director at ACE Schools Multi Academy Trust (ACE MAT)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2020 14:40|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role ACE Schools Multi Academy Trust (ACE MAT)
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Plymouth? ACE Schools multi-academy trust seeks five non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
ACE MAT was established in 2016 and oversees the provision of alternative and special education provision in sites located between Launceston, Tiverton and Plymouth. The trust has been through a challenging year and is now in the process of re-launching with a new CEO in place. The board seeks five additional non-executive directors/trustees to help drive forward a new strategy and hold the executive to account. Board meetings are held at the trust’s Head Office in Plymouth PL6 8LR.
The board seeks five business leaders with expertise in:
- CFO/Finance/Qualified Accountant OR
- Educational Leadership OR
- Supporting SEND/Disadvantaged Pupils OR
- HR/Organisation Development OR
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- A new robust governance system with greater involvement of local teams and communities
- Continued growth using outreach services and expanding our wrap provision;
- Improved streamlined back office functions that support frontline staff
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Call to action – please visit AA. Org – A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's