Non-executive Director - Anthem Schools Trust
|Job Title:||Non-executive Director - Anthem Schools Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Non-executive Director - Anthem Schools Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2020 09:53|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador at a large national trust? Anthem Schools Trust seeks to appoint a new chair of the board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Anthem Schools Trust is a long-established multi-academy trust with a national footprint and the highest of ambitions. The trust’s current chair is stepping down this May after four years and the trust now seeks to recruit another outstanding individual to chair the board, from June 2020.
The trust is made up of 11 primary and five secondary schools which cover a broad demographic and geography across the East Midlands, London and the Thames Valley. It serves around 8,300 pupils, has c1,200 members of staff and a budget of £52 million. From Lincolnshire down through Oxfordshire, Berkshire and London, the trust aims to create ambitious and successful schools where every child thrives.
Collaboration is a cornerstone of Anthem’s culture - sharing ‘what works’ in teaching and learning practice across and beyond the trust, and together making their schools great places to work and learn. The trust is supported by Education Development Trust, an international education charity with a mission to transform lives by improving education around the world.
The board seeks a business leader with the following expertise
- Extensive governance/senior leadership experience in an educational environment, ideally as chair (this could be, but not limited to, senior leadership experience in a local authority education and/or multi-academy trust)
- Track record of senior leadership success in a corporate, public sector or third sector environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and ambassadorial skills
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Continuous school improvement so that all schools have an Ofsted rating of Good to Outstanding on a consistent basis.
2. Developing people in the trust through an outstanding professional development programme to ensure that the trust is well led and they in turn can drive excellent teaching in all the trust’s schools.
3. Identifying potential opportunities for planned and strategic growth of the trust.
For the long term, development of the school's estate and reinvestment in infrastructure is a key aim.
The board meets six times per year. The meetings are taken around the trust’s schools on a rota basis and timings are adjusted to make travel manageable. Committees meet similarly and training or ‘update sessions’ are often conducted before meetings where necessary. On average, the time demand is one to two days per week during term time, but the time does vary significantly depending on issues facing the trust.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership and governance for the trust, as well as setting and monitoring performance benchmarks.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Ensuring that the board is able to deal with problems and related proposals professionally, both in terms of the skills of the trustees and the way in which it conducts its business.
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/anthem-schools-trust-5
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at ACE Schools Multi Academy Trust (ACE MAT)
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Danes Educational Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at The Pinnacle Learning Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Dales Academies Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
0 - 0