|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director|
|Contact Name:||Steve Hoier (outgoing Chair of Portobello Business School)|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2019 07:22|
This is your oppotunity to put your skills and expertise to good use and make a difference to the local community devastated by the Grenfell disaster.
New Non-Executive Directors (and Chair) needed to help lead the long-term rebuilding and support of local people, businesses and economy.
Why get involved? This is an exciting opportunity to join the Board of our not-for-profit organisation that over the last 25 years has been at the forefront of empowering local residents into enterprise as well as developing and fostering businesses in one the most deprived areas of London.
Over the last two years, we have played a critical role in supporting and now rebuilding the community and businesses that continue to be adversely affected by the Grenfell tragedy.
As a BEIS approved Enterprise Agency, our award winning work has attracted both local and national recognition and continues to receive backing locally from the Council and the wider community.
We are a leading social enterprise any profits are reinvested into our mission - ‘to help people to start, grow and expand their businesses, and realise their full potential through the provision of affordable, high quality, independent and confidential support.’
You can find out more about our work by following this link - www.pbc.co.uk/who-we-are
We are looking for a number of committed people to join the PBC Board as Non-Executive Directors (and Chair). We are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with the following demonstrable experience and skill:
- Fundraising and networking skills - ability to network and develop new opportunities with local decision makers and influential individuals to secure funding and support.
- Legal and Human Resource skills- ability to provide input on legal and HR matters.
- IT knowledge - with an understanding of organisational IT infrastructure and website.
- Marketing and communications expertise – especially of externally positioning
The Roles we are looking to recruit are at least four Non-Executive Directors who will join our board.
Detailed Role Descriptions for the Chair and Non-Executive Directors are available to download at www.pbc.co.uk/careers
As a minimum, we expect the following commitments:
- Attendance at bi-monthly Board and annual AGM.
- Involvement on half day strategy away day.
- Provision of ongoing advice and guidance to the Chief Executive/senior managers from time-to-time.
- Please note - the role of Chair will have a number of additional commitments (as outlined in the Chair Role Description).
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Applications for the Chair and Non-Executive Director positions is via CV and covering letter sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 27 August 2019 at 10.00 am.
You can put yourself forward for one or both positions - but please clearly indicate this on your covering letter.
For an informal discussion, please contact our current Chair, Steve Hoier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8968 4649.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's