|Job Title:||Non-Executive Director|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Aldridge Education March 2020|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 11:46|
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Darwen or Salford? Aldridge Education seeks one non-executive/director to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme, brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Aldridge Education is a multi-academy trust of entrepreneurial academy schools located in three clusters – London, Brighton and the North West. The trust is seeking one non-executive director with experience in finance and IT who is based in the North West and also willing to travel to London for board meetings. Board meetings are held at 8 City Road, London EC1Y 2AA and rotate across the schools.
The board seeks one business leader with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Qualified Accountant
- IT/ Technology
- Growth/change management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To deliver ongoing financial probity and good governance as the Trust moves from an historic deficit into surplus in 2019-20.
- To oversee manageable growth within the existing regional clusters and attract like-minded schools to join with the potential of significantly increasing the size of the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Call to action – please visit AA. Org – A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org