about 2 months ago
Trustees Unlimited and Hounslow Education Partnership (HEP) are working together to find two Non-Exec directors, with the opportunity to step up into a Chair role, who can help shape the future strategic direction of the organisation.
Hounslow Education Partnership (HEP) is a not-for-profit Schools’ Company Limited by Guarantee. The company is owned 100% by Hounslow schools who have chosen to be our members and we are responsible to them. We are an independent organisation working in partnership with our schools and the local authority.
In simple terms, we are a schools led improvement partnership utilising members’ knowledge and expertise to ever strengthen the work of our schools. Currently, 94% of Hounslow pupils attend a school graded ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ and our ambition is to push this percentage further so that every child in the borough has access to an outstanding education.
We deliver a sustainable, formal school led partnership for our member schools. Our core purpose and service offer is set by our members in order to meet the educational needs of our children and young people. We empower our schools to sustain improvement through long term career path development and training. Much of our work is delivered by leaders working at all levels in our schools. We may be commissioned to deliver school improvement projects by partners, such as the Local Authority. Our ethos is one of collective responsibility.
Our central purpose is to ensure that no school is left behind and each is on par with the best.
To work closely with the Board to drive the direction of the company and shape the development of the board over the next three years and beyond. In addition to leading board meetings, the Chair will also play a key role in setting the agenda, overseeing the performance of other directors, and representing HEP at a limited number of key events with major stakeholders and customers.
The Board comprises 6 head teacher directors including the current Chair, and up to 2 non-executive directors.
The Board meets up to 6 times in each academic year Sept – July at Logic studio School from 1 - 3pm in Feltham. There are no sub committees at present but there is likely to be the opportunity to get involved in some working groups. Directors are appointed for 3 years initially.
The role is not a paid position but we are happy to reimburse travel expenses.
HEP is interested to hear from a wide group of candidates. It is particularly interested in people who have some of the following:
A background in:
- Business Development/Entrepreneurial
- Strategic Consultancy
- Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge/awareness of the education sector sufficient to have credibility with headteacher directors and customers
- Non-executive director/chair experience
- Commercial leadership experience in the SME sector
- Business development: experience of developing new propositions and services, and/or forging useful alliances with complementary organisations
- Professional expertise in a field relevant to HEP as a newly formed not-for-profit – legal, financial, sales and marketing, etc.
- The ability engage and potentially to lead and chair a diverse board, facilitating the involvement of directors with a broad range of skills and experience
- Ability to effectively represent HEP with key stakeholders and customers at key events e.g. AGM, annual headteacher’s conference
- Strategic approach and critical thinking
- The ability to lead, and challenge constructively
- Ability to apply knowledge from other fields to suggest options and solutions which are relevant in HEP’s context
- Business acumen
- Energy and commitment – to HEP and Hounslow
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th August 2019
Preliminary interviews with Trustees Unlimited: Week commencing 26th August 2019
Interviews with HEP: Week commencing 9th September 2019
How to Apply
To apply, please provide the following via the relevant fields:
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification.