New Outlook Housing Association - Trustee
|Job Title:||New Outlook Housing Association - Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2019 13:25|
As a member of the Board, you will play a vital role in steering and supporting New Outlook. The Board is responsible for providing strategic direction; ensuring we meet regulatory requirements; and overseeing the work of the staff team, thus ensuring New Outlook’s effective, efficient administration and financial stability.
You will be part of a Board team that will help to ensure:
Promoting and Protecting NEW OUTLOOK
- To act as custodian of NEW OUTLOOK’s values
- To ensure that the customers’ voice is heard in the decision-making process
- To monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- To support and uphold the Code of Governance and the NHF Model Rules (2015)
- To be an ambassador for NEW OUTLOOK as appropriate
- To consider and, if appropriate, agree a vision for NEW OUTLOOK and a strategy to work towards that vision
- To assist the Executive Team in the setting of plans and strategies
- To support the work and the role of the Chair of the Board and the chairs of other Committees
- To support the work of the Chief Executive and all colleagues; constructively challenging proposals as appropriate
- To agree key policies
- To take an individual and collective responsibility in monitoring performance against plans, budgets and decisions through regular critical appraisal of operational and financial information
- To ensure appropriate action is taken if expected standards of performance or results are not or are unlikely to be achieved
- To request further information or professional advice when required
Experience & qualities required
We are seeking to appoint people who can demonstrate a commitment to a high level of engagement and possess a range of experience ideally in finance and treasury, housing management and development or Marketing and PR. There is no need to have trustee experience to apply as long as you are committed to our values. We wish to have a wide range of people on the Board and seek to be representative of the diverse population in the West Midlands.
Board meetings are held four times a year in Halesowen with two being longer ‘away day’ sessions. You may also be asked to join a Committee or time limited task group. The minimum time needed to do the role will be approximately 30 hours per year.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
At NEW OUTLOOK we are constantly striving to make a difference to people’s lives through the provision of aspirational services for people with sensory and other specialist needs.
Our core values summarise what we ASPIRE to achieve:
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
Closing date: 30th September 2019
Interview date: 14th October 2019
Observe the way we work: Thursday14th November 2019 @5pm