Multi Academy Trust Director
|Job Title:||Multi Academy Trust Director|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Birkin|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2018 14:45|
The Midland Academies Trust (the Trust) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (the College), an academy sponsor approved by the Department for Education, to support local schools.
Supported by the College, the Trust is uniquely placed to enable young peoples’ progression throughout their school careers and into further or higher education, training and employment.
The Trust is:
- a company limited by guarantee
- a non-profit making, exempt charity
- subject to company and charity law
- financed by the Secretary of State.
The Trust currently comprises the following schools and academies:
- The George Eliot School in Nuneaton
- The Hartshill School in Hartshill
- The Nuneaton Academy in Nuneaton
- Heath Lane Academy in Earl Shilton.
Role and Responsibilities of a Director
Trust directors are both company directors and charitable trustees. They therefore need to comply with both company and charity law.
As a director you will actively contribute to the work of the Board and ensure Trust performance and success by:
- ensuring the Trust has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction which will enable it to fulfil its charitable objects, and that it is focused on achieving these
- working in partnership with the Chief Executive and other senior staff, to ensure the successful achievement of the Trust’s strategic direction
- being responsible for the performance of the Trust, for its impact upon stakeholders and for its corporate behaviour
- ensuring that the Trust complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- acting as a steward of the Trust’s assets, taking care over their security, and how they are used
- ensuring the Trust’s governance is of the highest possible standard
- appointing members to academy and school Raising Achievement Boards;
for the benefit of all young people receiving their education in Trust schools and academies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Non-Executive Director at ACE Schools Multi Academy Trust (ACE MAT)
0 - 0
Member – Share Multi Academy Trust
0 - 0
Non-Executive Director at Education Impact Academy Trust (EIAT)
0 - 0
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust (DCMAT)
0 - 0
Non-executive director/ Trustee role The Mast Academy Trust
0 - 0