Member of Finance Committee
|Job Title:||Member of Finance Committee|
|Salary:||Voluntary, expenses reimbursed|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Johnson|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2019 16:22|
The Board of Governors at Northern College is seeking to appoint an independent member to its Policy and Finance Committee. This is an excellent opportunity to use your professional skills to make a real impact by becoming part of a friendly, committed and professional team who make a real difference to the lives of individuals.
Northern College is a residential college dedicated to the education and training of adults without formal qualifications who are seeking to return to learning. It also offers training for those who are active in community and voluntary groups, as well as in trade unions. The College has a national reputation for excellence and has been judged Outstanding by Ofsted.
As an independent member of the Policy and Finance Committee you will work with seven other members to:
- advise the Board of Governors regarding the solvency of the institution and the safeguarding of its assets;
- develop a sound financial strategy and financial forecasting;
- assess the financial implications of any proposed strategic developments;
- implement an appropriate treasury management and borrowing strategy;
- oversee the College’s property strategy and capital expenditure;
- monitor the College’s financial performance and other key performance indicators;
We are particularly looking for someone who is
- a qualified accountant;
- with an interest in and commitment to adult education;
- preferably with a knowledge of adult education, and charity and company regulation;
- who has excellent analytical and evaluation skills, good judgement and strategic vision;
- with a willingness to speak their mind; and
- commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
The role is voluntary, however we will reimburse travel expenses and we always provide at least tea and biscuits!
The appointment is for a 4-year term, with the option to reappoint.
Time commitment – 5 meetings per year, which currently take place on Thursday mornings, plus appropriate preparation time.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV to Sarah Johnson at email@example.com. If you would like an informal chat about the role or would like any further information please contact Sarah.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Selby College Corporation – Vacancy for an Independent Board Member to also undertake the Role of Finance Committee Chair (A Non-Remunerated Position)
0 - 0
Lay Member of the University of Dundee Audit & Risk Committee
0 - 0
Lay Member of the University of Dundee Governing Body
0 - 0
Chair of Trustees
0 - 0
FINANCE VOLUNTEER @ Performing Arts Charity