Member - ICAEW Technical Strategy Board
|Job Title:||Member - ICAEW Technical Strategy Board|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||John Boulton|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2020 14:44|
We are seeking a new member for ICAEW’s Technical Strategy Board (TSB). The TSB is ICAEW’s lead technical board, overseeing the activities of all of ICAEW’s technical boards and committees. ICAEW’s technical work encompasses a range of areas relevant to the accountancy profession: audit & assurance, business & management, business law, corporate finance, corporate governance, ethics & integrity, financial reporting, financial services, sustainability, tax, and technology.
TSB is responsible for:
- developing ICAEW’s strategy and its priorities on technical matters;
- reviewing performance against its priorities;
- assessing the effectiveness of ICAEW’s thought leadership, technical policy and know-how;
- monitoring emerging issues that affect the accountancy profession; and
- addressing issues that span several disciplines or are crucial to ICAEW’s reputation and influence.
TSB comprises the chairs of ICAEW's main technical boards together with a number of members directly co-opted to the board. This vacancy is for one of the co-opted positions.
Purpose of the role
To provide insight and opinions to contribute to the work of the board.
What you might gain from the role
- contribute to ICAEW policy positions in key areas affecting accountancy;
- support the chartered accountancy profession, working in the public interest;
- join a network of senior experts in the accountancy profession;
- keep up to date on technical issues affecting accountancy and hear views from leading experts;
- enhance your CV and develop negotiating and influencing skills.
Candidates will need senior level experience in business, public practice or academia. Specific technical expertise is not required and candidates do not have to be members of ICAEW. However, candidates should have experience and a real interest in technical areas relevant to the work of chartered accountants and be committed to contributing their experience to discussions in these areas. Full briefings are provided in advance of each meeting.
4 morning meetings per annum of 3 hours duration each plus an annual evening discussion in March. You will also have the opportunity to participate in other events organised by ICAEW.
Chartered Accountants’ Hall, London. Video conferencing is available and reasonable travel expenses reimbursed.
Term of office
From 2 June 2020 for 2 years, renewable twice for a total term of 6 years.