23 days ago
About the organisation
The Paul Sartori Foundation's mission is to provide sustainable services that promote good end of life care in Pembrokeshire and to enable patients in the final stages of life to be cared for at home and to die at home if that is their choice.
The Foundation's services include home nursing care, equipment loan, complementary therapy, bereavement and counselling support, clinical nurse specialists in palliative care, physiotherapy, advance care planning and training.
About the role
The Marketing Trustee will oversee the development and implementation of an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan for Pembrokeshire’s only Hospice at Home Service.
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development and implementation of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board
General Trustee responsibilities
- To assist in ensuring that the Foundation purses its objectives as defined in its governing document and legally operates.
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the Foundation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the Foundation.
- To represent the Foundation at functions and meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Foundation.
- To protect and manage the property of the Foundation and to ensure the proper investment of the Foundation’s funds.
- To assist in the appointment and support Senior Managers and monitor their performance.
- To provide feedback on board papers, lead discussions, focus on key issues, provide advice and guidance on new initiatives.
- To attend sub-committee meetings as appropriate.
- Marketing experience at a strategic level.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to duties as a trustee.
- Integrity and a commitment to the Foundation and its objectives.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good, independent judgement and the ability to think creatively.
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable/not for profit organisations
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as effective communication mechanisms to support services and activities.
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector
What difference will you make?
Your involvement will help the charity in their goal of broadening awareness of their values and priorities and increasing its visibility across a wider audience. Your marketing experience will strengthen the current Board.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
You will be joining an active Board and your marketing expertise will significantly help the organisation to reach their goals. You will pay a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and future development of this successful charity who aim to make a real difference to the experience of those with a life limiting illness, their families and carers.
A minimum of six hours per month.
Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA61 1RP
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.