|Job Title:||Marketing Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2020 14:43|
CRASAC are looking for a new Trustee with experience in marketing and social media to oversee the development of our marketing plan and activities.
CRASAC exists to address the trauma and injustice of sexual violence and abuse through the provision of specialist services and to promote the needs and voices of victims and survivors through training and awareness raising.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us shape a marketing campaign in anticipation to our 40th anniversary next year.
The Marketing Trustee will:
- Oversee the development of our social media presence to ensure that the brand of the charity reaches to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Help us create a marketing strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Work with the other Trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy.
Trustees’ role and responsibilities
Those who serve on Board of Trustees of CRASAC have duties, responsibilities and liabilities under both Company Law as Directors and under Charity law as Trustees.
The core duties of a Trustee are:
- To ensure that CRASAC complies with its governing document (i.e. Articles of Association), Charity Law, Company Law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To formulate and approve strategic goals to ensure CRASAC pursues its Charitable Objects
- To ensure CRASAC adopts and observes policies which ensure that resources are applied exclusively in pursuance of its Objects
In exercising these duties:
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to CRASAC setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and ethos of CRASAC.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of CRASAC and aim for best practice and good governance, including in relation to succession planning.
- To ensure the financial stability and protection of funds and assets of CRASAC.
- To protect and manage the property of the Charity and to ensure the proper investment of the Charity’s funds.
- To establish and maintain effective, appropriate and positive management relations with the staff and volunteers.
- To use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Executive Committee reach sound and robust decisions.
- To participate in and encourage performance reviews of the Board and its governance structures.
- Experience of the strategic use of digital/social media as effective communication mechanisms to support services and activities.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to duties as a trustee.
- Integrity and a commitment to CRASAC and its objectives.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good, independent judgement.
- An ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to effectively and diplomatically challenge others when necessary..
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of working within the charity sector.
Please note, given the current make up of our board we are only accepting applications from women at this time.
We are also keen to increase representation on our board. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds and younger people.
An induction process is in place to ensure new trustees feel welcome and informed.
The board meets 4 times a year on a weekday evening between 6-8pm and holds an AGM once a year.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Reach Volunteering. In your cover letter please include why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would add value.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's