12 days ago
Reach Volunteering are working with Northmoor Community Association, who are seeking a new Marketing Trustee to join their friendly and committed board and help the organisation keep abreast of raising awareness of their services for their beneficiaries.
Being a trustee at Northmoor Community Association will provide you an opportunity to have a profound impact on an organisation that has the needs of the community at its heart.
We are a learning organisation, whose main objective is to meet the needs of the community in Longsight. You will join a collaborative and open team and contribute with your skills and experience to keep our high standards of service and commitment to our clients. We have been awarded a PQASSO quality assurance mark, which is a great achievement for a small organisation such as ourselves
- To help develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan
- To broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities and increase its visibility across a wider audience.
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including corporate sponsors, media and key influencers.
- To help update existing marketing materials (i.e. website)
- To work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- To oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board.
- To serve as communications spokesperson on behalf of the trustees when require
- Marketing and PR/Communication expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and management, communication and presentation skills
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as effective communication mechanisms to support services and activities
- Actively participate as a key member of the board
- Experience of identifying and cultivating corporate networking opportunities
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable/not for profit organisations
The Board meets at 6 times a year for 1 1/2 hours in the evening (6.30pm-8pm) and one AGM.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board and any other relevant information.