22 days ago
Reach are working with Ashiana Community Project, who is seeking to recruit a Trustee with Marketing experience to strengthen its Board. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in helping the organisation develop its profile to reach a wider audience.
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Successful track record in marketing and re-branding.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
What difference will you make?
This is a great opportunity to bring your fresh and innovative approach to an organisation that makes a huge difference in its community changing lives for those experiencing multiple disadvantage. Your role will help take the organisation to the next level, by helping them build a stronger profile and get their vision across. You will contribute with new perspectives to make the organisation fresh, vibrant and contemporary and articulate them outside grassroots level.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is an opportunity to work alongside a team that has great community engagement and local partnerships. Additionally, this is a great role to help you develop your own skills at building up the profile of a grassroots organisation using your marketing and re-branding expertise.
You will be required to attend board meetings which take place 4 times a year. Some additional ad hoc telephone/email contact may also be required.
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.