|Job Title:||Marketing Trustee|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 15:19|
New Dawn New Day has worked to support the wellbeing of women and girls in Leicester and Leicestershire for over 30 years. We started out as a community-based women’s centre in the 1980s, and we now deliver a range of services to vulnerable and socially excluded women designed to meet their multiple and complex needs.
We believe that all women and girls have the right to reach their potential and to live their lives free from poverty and violence. Through our work we know that women and girls affected by poverty, trauma and abuse have the potential to transform their lives. We support them by providing a safe environment and high quality, gender-responsive, trauma-informed support.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in helping the organisation to develop and implement a marketing strategy which will enable the organisation to reach a wider audience.
New Dawn New Day is seeking to strengthen its Board of Trustees. This is a great opportunity to bring your leadership skills to an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with an excellent reputation for success working with our complex client group. We have a collaborative culture and value empathy and team work.
Demand for our services is high and funding challenges are very real making this a challenging but highly rewarding time to become part of our organisation. We are passionate about what we do and we know it makes a difference.
- Successful track record in marketing.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Board Meetings – up to 10 a year. Generally held in the evening from 6.00pm until 8.30pm.
- AGM in October or November each year.
- Strategy and planning meeting – usually in the spring.
How to Apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.