Marketing and Fundraising Trustee
|Job Title:||Marketing and Fundraising Trustee|
|Location:||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2020 15:21|
Atal y Fro, the largest women’s organisation in the Vale of Glamorgan is looking for a new trustee with experience in marketing and fundraising.
Trustees are responsible for setting the approach of ATAL Y FRO by providing strategic management, planning and financial control. We are seeking for a new marketing and fundraising trustee, whose communications and income generating experience can help us secure new potential opportunities for sustaining our services.
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with staff and the Board.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Oversee fundraising and to make sure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Carry out risk assessment at every fundraising stage, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Successful track record in marketing and / or fundraising.
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Having a network of local and wider contacts and the ability to grow that network and to develop Atal y Fro’s profile.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
Please note that all Trustee appointments for Atal y Fro are dependent on a basic DBS check due to the nature of the charity.
The Board currently meet once a month and one annual general meeting.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance.
Please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information