6 days ago
Reach Volunteering are working with Right from the Start, a charity that works throughout Caerphilly County Borough providing support to families with a variety of needs. They are a voluntary organization who receive funding from Supporting People, Flying Start and Aneurin Bevan Health Board, which separates into three main aspects of support: family support unit, housing related support and parenting support.
Right from the Start are seeking a new Marketing and Communications trustee to support them through a period of transition and help them grow from strength to strength.
- To develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance the brand identity of the organisation.
- To broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities and increase its visibility across a wider audience.
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences in order to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board.
- Serve as communications spokesperson on behalf of the trustees when required.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Marketing and Communications experience at a senior level.
- Demonstrated leadership and management, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as an effective communication mechanism to support services and activities.
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable/not for profit organisations
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector
What difference will you make?
By joining the board at Right from the Start you will be joining a team who are passionate about the work they do and who are driven to provide the best support possible to the beneficiaries of the charity.
What's in it for the volunteer?
The organisation is currently going through a period of transition as we plan to move to new premises and will be opening a new community hub to help families with advice and other support. The grand opening will be taking place in September!
As a Trustee you will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation is sustainable throughout this period of change and beyond and will help us to grow from strength to strength. You will enable the organisation to continue the support provided to families in the best possible way, making a positive contribution to their lives.
- The Board meets bi monthly on the last Friday every other month
- Meetings last 2 hours
- You should ideally be available through email and telephone and potentially be able to join meetings on an ad hoc basis if needed (not compulsory, but based on what’s going in the organisation)
- Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises: 84/86 Lewis Street, Aberbargoed, Bargoed, Caerphilly CF81 9EA
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.