Marketing & Communications Trustee
|Job Title:||Marketing & Communications Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 16:37|
Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service (PARCS) is a charity that believes everyone has the right to lead a life free from sexual abuse. PARCS offer a range of professional and compassionate services to support and empower anyone who has been impacted by sexual abuse and violence. It also provides an awareness, education and outreach programme, which challenges the cultures that normalise sexual abuse and encourages victim blaming.
PARCS are seeking individuals who have a strong passion for the work PARCS do. The Trustees are jointly responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, its financial health and developing the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals. PARCS recognises that it would significantly benefit from a trustee who has experience in marketing and communications to;
- Help promote the good work that is carried out at PARCS
- Advise in the development and implementation of an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance brand identity of the organisation
- Support staff to broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities, increasing its visibility across a wider audience.
PARCS are looking for a trustee with experience and knowledge in;
- Marketing and communications/PR
- Business, commerce or industry
- The strategic use of social media as an effective communications mechanism to support services and activities
- Building positive relationships with key stakeholders, fellow trustees and colleagues, to achieve the organisational objectives.
- The professional field of sexual abuse and violence
- Promoting equality and diversity in the workplace.
Further to this, the following skills and understanding are important to PARCS, in seeking the most appropriate candidate;
- Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board, and a willingness to speak their mind
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad-hoc basis
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- An understanding of the respective roles of the Chair, Trustees and Chief Executive.
The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets and PARCS welcomes individuals from a range of backgrounds, including those who have previously been service users to PARCS.
Trustees are expected to attend Board meetings four times a year - usually on a Monday evening from 6-8pm.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's