|Job Title:||Legal Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2019 16:25|
Improving Lives works with Nottingham City residents to provide support services tailored to their individual needs. We work in partnership with many services to support adults with complex health and social needs to manage the challenges they face more effectively.
We are looking forward to welcoming a legal trustee who will bring their legal expertise to the board as well as working with the other trustees to support and shape the work and strategic direction of our organisation.
- Undertaking a lead role for the Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the legal aspects of the organisation.
- Acting as a critical friend to the organisation’s executive team when obtaining and acting on legal advice.
For a full role description please request a copy of our candidate pack from Reach TrusteeWorks.
Experience & qualities required
- Legal experience from either the private or public sector with experience of social welfare and legal aid work.
- Ability to scrutinise commissioning contracts and service agreements.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of the charity sector.
- Ability to advise on employment law / HR policies.
- An interest in health and/or mental health issues.
- The board meets at least six times a year at our Mansfield Road premises.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
We are a friendly and welcoming board of trustees with a wealth of skills and networks; we offer the opportunity to be a valued member of our board and to give something back using your skills. You will have an induction with the CEO and time with the team and Chair to understand the charity and the support we provide.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, what skills and experience you will bring to the Board and including any other relevant information.
Applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance.