|Job Title:||Lay Trustees|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2020 12:32|
Who we are
The Association for Nutrition is the independent regulator for Registered Nutritionists that was formed in 2010. Our vision is that everyone is empowered to improve health and wellbeing through nutrition grounded in science. In 2020 we began working to a new strategic plan designed to pursue this vision through high standards for education, training and practice, increased recognition for our register and the value of the nutrition profession, and support for our registrants to be effective in their roles through clear guidance, a CPD framework and robust regulation. We are a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
We are governed by a Council, who are the Trustees and Directors of the Association.
About the role
We are seeking lay Trustees with experience and knowledge to bring to our decision making. We particularly value the independent viewpoint and scrutiny that our lay members bring to the organisation. Trustees are honorary roles which, in accordance with Charity Commission rules, do not attract payment. We hold four Trustee meetings per annum, currently held remotely by Zoom video conferencing, but trustees should expect that in future some of these will be held in person in London. Lay Trustees may also be asked to join one of our standing committees, depending upon the particular expertise that they bring to the role.
Skills and competencies of our Trustees
- A commitment to protecting, promoting and maintaining the health, safety and wellbeing of the public.
- The ability to analyse complex information to inform decisions.
- The ability to contribute a strategic view and make balanced decisions in an open, collaborative and constructive manner.
- The ability to challenge and question constructively, with a sense of collective responsibility.
- An understanding of the contribution and impact made by the regulation of professionals.
- A high level of probity, integrity, objectivity and fairness, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and commitment to equality and diversity
- An understanding and commitment to good governance and to the Nolan Principles of public life.
In addition to the above, at this time we are particularly interested in receiving applications from people who could contribute one or more of the following:
- Experience of contributing to the leadership of a complex organisation in the public, private or voluntary sector.
- Expertise in finance and accounting.
- Experience of regulatory systems or the quality assurance of education and training.
- Expertise in equality and inclusion.
A lay member must not be, or be eligible to be, a registrant on the United Kingdom Voluntary register of Nutritionists (UKVRN), or on the registers of related professions.
To apply: Please submit a CV and supporting letter, stating how you meet the skills and competences identified above.
Closing Date: 5pm on 23rd September 2020
Interviews: Week Commencing: 28th September 2020
You can find more information about the Association for Nutrition on our website at www.associationfornutrition.org.
Interested applicants may arrange a conversation with the Chief Executive by email to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's