Lay Trustee (Non-medical)
|Job Title:||Lay Trustee (Non-medical)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2021 15:29|
Healthcare Infection Society (HIS) is looking for a new Lay trustee who would enjoy the opportunity to contribute their expertise to provide the robust and dynamic governance needed to ensure HIS remains on mission & achieves its ambitions to grow.
Reach Trusteeworks are working with The Healthcare Infection Society (HIS) a charity whose objectives are to advance knowledge of, foster scientific interest in and disseminate information about the prevention and control of hospital and other healthcare associated infections (HCAIs), to medical and allied professionals for the benefit of the public.
HIS is looking for a new Lay trustee who would enjoy the opportunity to contribute their expertise to provide the robust and dynamic governance needed to ensure HIS remains on mission and achieves its ambitions to grow.
Lay Trustees’ responsibilities
In this role, and along with the Council and Chief Executive, the Lay trustee will help inspire, set and maintain the charity’s vision, mission and values. The Lay trustee will help to deliver the 2020-2025 strategy, and ensure compliance and accountability for finances, legal and governmental obligations are met. Please see the candidate pack for further details.
Who we are looking for
Candidates should not have a clinical background. We are particularly interested to hear from individuals from any professional background who can demonstrate an inquisitive and proactive approach and support our ethos: that HCAIs can, and must, be reduced to the lowest possible levels.
HIS is committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from any individual who supports the Society’s objectives and wishes to make an active contribution to their delivery.
Attributes and disposition
- Understand the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Willingness to put time and effort into the trustee role
- Commitment to the organisation
- Respected and trusted by others
- Independent and sound judgment
- Impartiality, fairness and confidentiality
- Willingness to speak his or her mind
- Tact and diplomacy
- Respectful of others
- Willingness to learn new skills and to take part in trustee training
- Have strategic vision
- Creative thinking
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills and experience
- Lay Trustees should not be medically qualified
- Demonstrable professional experience in any sector
- Previous trustee experience (useful but not essential)
- Experience of committee work (useful but not essential)
Meetings at least four times per year and an appropriate time commitment will be required over the course of the year.
How to apply
Please write a short letter outlining: why you are interested in joining our board, your relevant skills and experience (see Who we are looking for) and how you think you could apply your skills and experience to strengthen our board. Please also attach a CV or similar (LinkedIn profile, portfolio etc). For an informal chat with HIS please contact the TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
Deadline: 08 Oct 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's