Lay Trustee (Finance)
|Job Title:||Lay Trustee (Finance)|
|Salary:||These posts are unremunerated but reasonable expenses will be paid.|
|Contact Name:||Katie Hillebrand|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2021 14:41|
RCVS Knowledge’s mission is to advance the quality of veterinary care for the benefit of animals, the public, and society.
We provide free tools, resources and education to support thousands of veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality evidence-based medicine to millions of animals. We provide access to veterinary research, quality improvement resources and historical collections. We are the charity partner of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
● Support the Treasurer to monitor the financial health of the regarding cashflow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources
● Support the Treasurer and advise on the financial risk-management process and report on the charity’s financial health to the Finance and General Purposes Committee at regular intervals
● Ensure that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
● The candidate would work closely with the Treasurer/Chair of Finance and General Purposes Committee in overseeing the full range of responsibilities delegated to that committee (Terms of reference available on request).
● To broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities, and increase its visibility and accessibility across a wider veterinary audience
Previous board/trustee experience is not necessary. The position would therefore also suit individuals taking their first steps to develop wider board-level and governance experience.
● Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge
● Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
● Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
● A good working knowledge of charity accounting
● Budgeting and forecasting
● Statutory financial reporting
● Managing external relationships with audit partners
● Translating financial information to non-finance stakeholders
● Corporate governance
● Strong communicator.
● Extensive networks and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
● Long term commitment to RCVS Knowledge
Three board meetings per annum and preparation time.
Three Finance and General Purposes Committee meetings annually and preparation time.
Additional time may be required for other volunteer roles taken on during term of Board service.
Self and by the Board, annually.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's