|Job Title:||IT Trustee|
|Location:||Rhondda Cynon Taf|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 14:39|
New Horizons are looking for a new Trustee with IT expertise to join their dedicated and friendly board of Trustees.
About the organisation
New Horizons is a Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Resource Centre, based in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales.New Horizons is a small charity that has been supporting people with mental health or emotional wellbeing issues since 1995 following the closure of Parc Hospital, Bridgend. The charity now provides support during the week via our resource centre and outreach centres in the Rhondda and Cynon Valleys. This is in addition to project managing a successful mental health website aimed at providing information to mental health service users, carers and healthcare professionals. Therefore with over twenty years of high quality service delivery behind us, New Horizons is now recognised as a leading mental health and wellbeing charity in RCT.
The Trustee will contribute to the board with their strategic development knowledge of IT processes, assist with improving existing technology and identifying new and more efficient ways of working using technology and maximising the potential of social media.
Main responsibilities of the Trustee
- Provide thought leadership on the role of IT in our charity
- Driving the delivery and improvement of data protection procedures, using technology to improving communications, operations, etc.
- Highlight the opportunities and the risks, in terms of our strategy in general, and in reference to data protection, social media and communications in particular.
- Translate the risks and opportunities of IT for other Trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way.
- Take the lead in evaluating IT related proposals for the board
- Provide strategic oversight of implementation of any IT related projects.
- Contribute to the work of the Policies and Procedures Sub-group
- Draw on your networks to support our work
- Help ensure that the executive have the IT capabilities that they need to implement the strategy
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements.
- Experience of working at a senior management /leadership level.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms/digital services.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of the charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Extensive networks and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
- Long term commitment to New Horizons
- The Board meet every other month at the organisation’s office in Aberdare, CF44 7BN.
- The IT Trustee would become involved in the Policies and Procedures Sub-group, which also meets bimonthly.
- There may be an option in the future to participate remotely
- New Trustees will initially join as observers for three consecutive board meetings before they are appointed. The observer period can be extended by either party if requested.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board. Please see the candidate pack for further details.