City of London
2 days ago
ICAEW Investment Committee Chair and Committee Member Role Vacancies
The ICAEW is inviting applications from its members to volunteer on the ICAEW Investment Committee. There are currently two vacancies, a committee chair and a committee member.
The Committee is responsible for the appropriate investment of ICAEW’s assets, to meet budgets, capital requirements and to generate an appropriate risk-adjusted return. This responsibility includes monitoring performance of the fund managers to ensure that the investment aims, and objectives are being met and that the fund managers are adhering to their mandate.
The successful candidates will be ICAEW members and able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- An ability to think strategically.
- Investment management and/or investment banking background or be involved with oversight of significant (£100m+) investment funds in an organisation.
- Ability to analyse complex information, to question, probe and seek clarification and come to an independent and unbiased view.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate investment performance, scrutinise the performance, service levels and fees of fund managers, and provide sound advice to the Board on investment strategy and management.
- Understanding and commitment to ICAEW’s objectives.
- Be able to contribute to discussion and decision-making and apply knowledge and
experience appropriately to the work of the Committee.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and hold others to account in a constructive and open manner.
- Experience of chairing meetings (Chair role)
- A demonstrable commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The roles are unpaid but expenses relating to the meetings will be reimbursed.
For further details, please visit the website
Deadline for application is 5pm on 24 June 2021.
ICAEW is fully committed to enhancing the diversity of its committee membership. We believe the profession, and our own organisation, does best when it reflects the society we serve. From the beginning, our profession was one which was open to the most talented, regardless of background – and this continues today.