about 1 month ago
The MedicAlert Foundation are looking to recruit a Trustee (NED) with a substantial track record within Information Technology, providing you with the ability to offer strategic and more tactical advice and support to the charity.
Over the last few years, MedicAlert has successfully implemented transformational change. As the charity moves into the next phase of development, we are seeking to augment our Board with specific skills and experience to contribute to this journey. We are seeking someone with a passion for our mission and a willingness to get involved.
As well as the opportunity to inform and influence MedicAlert’s life saving services to our members, we offer an engaged and dynamic team, the opportunity to work with us remotely/online and a fully accessible office environment. The MedicAlert Board strives for equality, diversity and inclusion where all Trustees feel valued and respected and welcomes all applicants.
We are looking to recruit a new Trustee (Non-Executive Charity Director) with a substantial track record within Information Technology, providing you with the ability to offer strategic and more tactical advice and support to the charity. A good understanding of data protection regulations is also required. You will be motivated to enable MedicAlert’s growth strategy as a member and future chair of our ICT Committee. You will also have strong demonstrable skills in building and developing working relationships that will help the charity grow its membership base and profile.
We are also seeking:
- An ability to influence the strategic direction of an organisation
- A passion for delivering quality services to our members
- Experience of senior external representation and advocacy, leading to the establishment of beneficial third party collaborations, relationships and commercial growth
- Strong teamworking skills, ability to motivate and bring people together
- Experience or understanding of working with or as part of a Board would be beneficial but is not required
- In addition, knowledge and experience in the healthcare sector, including urgent or emergency care would be very much welcomed.
Time commitment and location
- There are currently four Board meetings a year and 3-4 committee meetings per committee.
- An additional day for planning could potentially be required.
- Meetings are held at Liscombe Park, near Leighton Buzzard but can be attended online.
- This is a three-year term with the possibility of re-appointment for a further three-year term.
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach Volunteering site.
If you require more information please request a trustee information pack or an informal chat with the Chair If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit a full CV with a covering letter explaining how you believe you fulfil the role requirements.
Please provide details of two referees, one of whom should be your current/most recent employer, including their names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers. References will only be taken up once your express permission has been granted.
Closing date: Thursday 7th January 2021
Interview date: Monday 18th January 2021
Please note that interviews will be held by video link, via Google Meet, with the Chair of Trustees and two other members of the Trustee Board.