14 days ago
Trustees Unlimited is delighted to be supporting the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) in their search for Independent Members to join their Regulated Services and Safeguarding Committee.
RNIB is one of the UK’s leading sight loss charities and the largest community of blind and partially sighted people.
Everyday 250 people begin to lose their sight. RNIB has a crucial role to play in creating a world where there are no barriers to people with sight loss. They want society, communities and individuals to see differently about sight loss.
Regulated Services and Safeguarding Independent Committee Members are required to assist the RNIB Board in its work.
- To contribute to discussions and decision making at committee meetings
- To help to ensure that the Committee/Steering Group operates effectively as a team
- To uphold high standards of integrity and probity and to maintain appropriate standards of behaviour
The Desired Applicant
RNIB is looking for individuals with a strong personal commitment to their values and to promoting the interests of blind and partially sighted people.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Safeguarding, ideally within a regulated services context.
- Understanding of the work of RNIB and the issues that it faces.
- Experience of operating as a board or committee member within another charitable, public sector or commercial organisation, or a strong and demonstrable ability to do so.
RNIB is led by blind and partially sighted people and is committed to ensuring the majority of their independent committee members have lived experience of sight loss.
For additional information on the role of a Regulated Services and Safeguarding Independent Committee Member at RNIB, and the individuals that they are looking for, please visit our recruitment partner, Trustees Unlimited for full details of this role and the recrutmrnt timetable.
If you require any assistance with your application or would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Ian Joseph: 07825 267500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Baxter: 07789 985229 / email@example.com
Marsha Gosling: 07818 509690 / firstname.lastname@example.org