ICAEW Audit Committee member
|Job Title:||ICAEW Audit Committee member|
|Contact Name:||James Schirn (Head of ICAEW Governance)|
|Job Published:||August 01, 2018 12:35|
The ICAEW is looking to appoint a new member to their Audit Committee and particularly welcomes applications from individuals with a non-Chartered Accountant background and/or with an understanding of Cyber and Data Security, Business Systems, and risk management expertise.
Committee members contribute to the work of the Audit Committee which includes, but is not limited to:
- monitoring the integrity of the ICAEW annual report and accounts;
- reviewing ICAEW’s internal financial controls and its internal control and risk management systems;
- monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the ICAEW internal audit function;
- making recommendations to the Council in relation to the appointment, remuneration and terms of engagement of the external auditor;
- reviewing and monitoring the external auditor’s independence and objectivity and the effectiveness of the audit process
- developing and implementing policy on the engagement of the external auditor to supply non-audit services
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to utilise their professional skills and perspective to add value to the internal controls of ICAEW, offering collaborative and constructive challenge and advice. Experience at a senior level, preferably with an international dimension, and the ability to make a contribution to the strategic decision making is key.
All new members receive induction and training, including access to the Corporate Governance Community. ICAEW provides formal and informal support and advice as and when required to ensure members get the best out of their time on the Committee.
Members are required to attend four Committee meetings per year in February, June, October and December. Normally from 8:45-11:30 with the exception of the February meeting which is 8:45-13:00. Meetings are held at Chartered Accountants Hall in London and participation is possible through tele/video conference.
The role is unremunerated, but ICAEW reimburses Committee members for all reasonable travel, subsistence and associated business expenses incurred for attending Committee meetings and while on authorised Committee business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's