|Job Title:||HR Trustee|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 14:43|
HR trustee for small women's charity
Kairos exists to increase the life-chances, choices and wellbeing of women caught up in prostitution, affected by or at risk of sexual exploitation in Coventry. Our mission is to support and collaborate with women, focusing on three areas:
- Safety: minimising harm for those most at risk
- Stability: addressing individual needs and barriers (such as housing, healthcare, substance misuse interventions)
- Self-belief: supporting women to develop skills and the confidence to make their own choices for the future
Following a recent skills audit, we are looking to recruit a trustee with HR experience. Trustees meet bi-monthly in Coventry or Leamington, with occasional additional meetings via phone/Skype.
The principal purpose of a Trustee is to ensure the integrity of KairosWWT’s purpose and provide challenge to the executive team. The Trustee role is to:
- Develop and agree a long-term strategy to enable KairosWWT to pursue its objectives as set out in the Articles of Association.
- Ensure that KairosWWT complies with its governing documents, i.e. the Articles of Association, charity law, company law and any other applicable legislation and regulation.
- Ensure that KairosWWT applies its resources exclusively in the pursuit of the objectives laid out in the Articles of Association for the benefit of the public.
- Ensuring that KairosWWT defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguarding the good name and values of KairosWWT.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of KairosWWT.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and that they are being complied with.
- Ensuring the financial stability of KairosWWT.
- Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the Director.
- Actively take part in Board meeting discussions and strive to complete actions as they arise.
- Dedicate the time required to read the Board pack prior to the meeting and attend >66% of meetings.
In particular you will advise the board on HR and recruitment matters and support the Director as required, which may involve occasional additional small pieces of work, e.g. being on an interview panel or reviewing job descriptions or contracts.
By joining the board of trustees you get to support the strategic development of the organisation as it services vulnerable women in Coventry. Your HR skills will enable KairosWWT to make sure its employees are well supported, the Director receives sound advice on recruitment and HR matters, and that policies and procedures are in line with best practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but professional and committed board of trustees.
You will get a great insight into the workings of a grassroots, frontline organisation making a vital difference in the lives of some of Coventry's most vulnerable women. Your professional HR skills will be of tremendous value to the organisation which does not yet have the resources to pay for in-house or external HR advice and support.
In-person board meetings take place bi-monthly. Trustees also commit to be available outside of meetings via phone/email as needs arise.
- At least 3 years’ professional HR experience
- A commitment to KairosWWT principles
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principals of public life: selflessness; integrity; objectivity; accountability; openness; honesty and leadership.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter totalling no more than 500 words detailing why you are interested in this role and what relevant skills and experience you bring. Send your application to Diane, current Chair of Trustees, via Reach.
Deadline for applications is 31/07/2019