|Job Title:||HR Trustee|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 18:31|
People First Dorset is led by people with learning disabilities. Our members want to be independent, to have their voices heard, and to be included in community life.
We are seeking a HR professional to join our strong board of professional and friendly Trustees.
Our trustees work as a team. We seek trustees who are able to speak up, as their expertise, thoughts and opinions are essential.
We expect our trustees to:
- understand our purposes as set out in our governing document and make sure we follow it.
- have read the 3 NCVO ‘Good Trustees Guide’ leaflets
- be able to support our aims and objectives.
- understand how we support people as a charity
- comply with charity law and other laws that apply to us
- attend trustee meetings unless there is a good reason they are unable to.
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives People First Dorset and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the organisation complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objectives, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
In addition to the main responsibilities, we are seeking a trustee with HR experience who can:
- ensure that People First Dorset is legally compliant with current employment legislation
- advise on good practice in staffing and HR matters
- provide strategic oversight of any future restructure and impact on HR
- overview and review policies and procedures relating to HR.
- Proven experience of HR management
- Experience in employment law issues
- Experience of performance management
What difference will you make?
We are a small charity but still need a strong board to govern the charity, and ensure we are able to continue supporting and making a positive difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities.
What’s in it for the trustee?
You will be making a significant difference to helping enrich the lives of a group of vulnerable individuals, who need support throughout their lives. You will be joining a very friendly charity, known for providing extremely high quality work and in a professional manner. We have strong, established and positive relationships with many other organisations and supporters – including our funders, the local authority, health providers and other organisations we work alongside. No one day is the same.
The Board meets 8 times a year. There is likely to be various emails/work in between. This might be proofing a policy, commenting on a decision which needs making, or reading through the monthly management accounts.
How to apply
Applications to be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.